Martin Duffy Adult Learner Scholarship Award
$500 TUITION SCHOLARSHIP FOR USE AT ANY ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY, COLLEGEOR VOCATIONAL SCHOOL. TWO SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED EACH YEAR.Winners to be selected by LotNo academic performance standards or records required for eligibility.Awards must be used within one year ofreceipt of notification letter.Submit only one application per person. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of a Minnesota AFL-CIO local union; or
- An AFL-CIO member on lay-off status who has a valid withdrawal card, has recall rights and was in goodstanding for six months prior to lay-off; or
- A retired or disabled AFL-CIO member who was in good standing in his or her Local Union at the time ofretirement or disablement.
Deadline is April 30th
AFL-CIO David K. Roe, Hubert H. Humphrey and Donald Pilla Memorial Awards
The Minnesota AFL-CIO sponsors scholarships for high school seniors graduating in 2014.There are three requirements for the Minnesota AFL-CIO scholarships. To be eligible, you must:
• be a union member or a dependent of a union member whose local union is affiliated with theMinnesota AFL-CIO;
• have a straight "B" average or better (2 .0 in a 3.0 grade point system/3.0 in a 4.0 grade point system);
• attend a post-secondary institution located within the state of Minnesota.
Winners will be selected by lot by the Minnesota AFL-CIO Education Committee.
Deadline is April 30th
Alexander & Krech Scholarship
IBEW Local #292
For Local #292 members and dependents
Increased to $2000 each for 2015.
Deadline: March 1
Charles R. Brett Scholarship
IBEW Minnesota State Council
For children of IBEW members
Charles R Brett Scholarship entry deadline is May 13, 2016. This Scholarship is offered to children of IBEW members who are in good standing with an IBEW Local affiliated with the Minnesota State Council.
2017 Charles Brett application
IBEW Founders’ Scholarship
For IBEW members only
www.ibew.org or http://www.ibew.org/FoundersScholarship/index.html
Click-on “Founder's Scholarship” icon
or download here:
IBEW Founders' Scholarship
Deadline: May 1
The IBEW Founders’ Scholarship honors the dedicated wiremen and lineman who, on November 28, 1891, organized the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Each year the officers of the IBEW are pleased to offer its working members scholarships on a competitive basis. It is hoped that the awards will not only contribute to the personal development of our members but also steward the electrical industry that our founders envisioned.
This award is for $200 per semester credit hour at any accredited college or university toward an associate’s, bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in a field that will further the electrical industry overall (as determined by the Founders’ Scholarship Administrator). The maximum distribution is $24,000 per person over a period not to exceed eight years.
Nellie Stone Johnson
The Nellie Stone Johnson scholarship will be available again in 2017. website:
- School Affiliation: The applicant must be currently enrolled in or accepted into a program at a Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) institution.
- Union Affiliation: The applicant must be a union member or the child, grandchild or spouse of a union member.
- Ethnicity: The applicant must be a racial/ethnic group member.“Racial/ethnic group member” is defined by the MnSCU Diversity and Multiculturalism Office (and for this scholarship) to include Black/African American, Chicano/a or Latino/a, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Native American/Alaskan Native.
- Academic Standards: The applicant must meet academic and admission standards of the institution he/she is attending.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 grade point average for undergraduate students and 3.0 grade point average for graduate students to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
to attend the
Coalition of Labor Union Women - Women's Leadership Skills Conference - The Berger-Marks Foundation is funding scholarships for young women (35 and under) to attend this conference.
Scholarship includes: transportation, hotel (double occupancy), and meal expenses.
|Labor Leadership Grants MN AFL-CIO
The Tobey Lapakko Labor Leadership Grant is available to women who are union members in good standing; the Charles McKenna Leadership Grant is available to men who are union members in good standing.
Grants are available for members of affiliated unions seeking to develop their abilities and skills as union leaders. The grants help defray the cost of classes, programs or conferences sponsored or endorsed by the AFL-CIO or affiliated organizations.
Recipients will be selected by lot by the Minnesota AFL-CIO Education Committee; grant amounts will be determined by the committee.